The AutoTwirler BASIC is a good entry level, height adjustable rotisserie model. We designed this model originally for restoring imports and truck cabs. It is made of 2.5” square tubing, 3/16“ thick, and goes out to 15 feet long. It is also not quite as wide as our other models. This one is 50” wide.
We also sell this unit to guys with GM unibodies and A bodies which are commonly 11’-12’ long. You can see it here on a 1955 Pontiac. It also will work on most Fords, but you’ll want to probably get some brackets.
The hydraulic jacks will allow you to pick the car body or frame up from 17” off the ground. Like all of our units, the base is fully welded together for strength and long term durability.
The balancer is done with a 3/4“ Acme rod, which is a wide thread made for lifting, used as a screw jack. The weight is secured by two (2) 3/4” diameter A325 structural grade bolt bolts that lock against the upright tubing of the swing arm. It is infinite and very easy to precisely balance the car body.
We rate this unit at 1,500 lbs because that is the application we are targeting. Some competitors that make a big to-do about tubing thickness but fail to tell you the tubing size is most likely very similar to this model, but they rate it at 3,000 lbs.
• 1,500 lbs. height adjustable model made of 2.5” square tubing, all 3/16” thick.
• 17" Minimum Mounting Height, 11" with casters removed from Twirler.
• 2 - 16" Mounting Arms and 2 - 12” Mounting Arms.
• 3 piece telescoping center bar allowing 15' of extension.
• Six (6) - 5" Phenolic Casters rated at 500 lbs. each, includes 2 caster locks.
• Two (2) - 3 ton, long ram hydraulic jacks for working height adjustment. 20" stroke.
• Two Acme threaded Balancer Kits.
• Weight - 460 lbs. Width - 50". Height - 58". Storage - 51" x 30" x 58"
The AutoTwirler BASIC ships by truck freight.